What is Thermal Imaging?
Infrared Thermography enables us to see and measure heat. Infra-Red heat cannot be seen by an unaided human eye.
Thermal Imaging surveys, using infra-red images, can identify where heat is being lost from buildings and heat distribution systems. It can also be used to identify faults in other areas including electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. Removing unnecessary heat loss can significantly reduce energy costs.
A thermal image makes it simpler to see where insulation is missing or air is leaking in or out of the building.
Why have a Thermal Image Survey?
- Perform Home Energy Audit to identify deficiencies in house build. Heat losses, humidity and air leaks are instantly visible on colourful thermal images.
- Identify water leakages in under floor heating systems
- Identify inadequate or ineffective insulation - By visualising areas of energy loss, or "thermal bridges", faulty locations are easily located
- Identifying causes of excessive condensation and areas of mould growth.
- Finding leaks in Flat Roofs.
- Review operating efficiency of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning.
- Identification of excessive heat spots – which indicate future risk of fire.
Other areas where Thermal Imaging can be used?
- Equine science
- Identify Electrical Faults/ Circuit Overloads
- Marine and other engine/motor surveys
- Bearing and crank condition
- Effective of Air-Conditioning
- Transformer Effectiveness
© Retrofit All Rights Reserved